The 12 Most Uplifting Quotes from Muhammad Ali
[Note: Credit goes to Michelle Kay from 12Most.com]
Parenting, marriage, career, or just everyday life for that matter, can sometimes feel like a boxing match with the challenges that we face each and every day. Perspective on what is really important can change the outcome of so many different situations. Muhammad Ali was often considered controversial, but the following are some uplifting quotes from a man which can inspire greatness in you with my thoughts thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
1. “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.”
My take is, mostly be a nice person, but hey, stand up for you when the need arises. No doormats allowed!
2. “If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.”
If you set your mind to something, it’s possible. Period.
3. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around my small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
Impossible and can’t are not in my vocabulary.
4. “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If not pretend you are.”
If you don’t have confidence in yourself, how can anyone else?
5. “What you are thinking is what you are becoming.”
There is power in what you think and say. Use it to your full advantage.
6. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.”
Spending the days counting down to your next big event, project, vacation ect…wastes precious time. Make a point to do something great every day and don’t forget the gratitude; that will help you find your successes.
7. “What keeps me going is goals.”
Make some. It’s motivating. They don’t have to be life changing. Crossing of accomplishments from a to-do list can be a good starting place.
8. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
Nobody owns you. You have choices. Choose wisely.
9. “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.”
Again, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.
10. “Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.”
Try new things, you may just like it.
11. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, then they can sure make something out of you.”
Yep. You rock!
12. “Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.”
Another favorite of mine, “I’ll have to get back to you”.
Life should be enjoyable and an experience where you have the chance to grow psychologically and intellectually. Anything less is really not living. Who is a person that inspires you? What are some of your favorite quotes? What are some things you do to stay motivated? Do you take time to set goals for yourself?